It is located in the village of Mengusovce on the picturesque foothills of the High Tatras. You reach the village by turning off the main road between Tatranská Štrba and Svit or the motorway (near the tunnel Bôrik) in the direction of Vyšné Hágy. The junction is about 1km away from the village. The distance from Mengusovce to the main centres of the Tatras like Štrbské Pleso, Starý Smokovec or Poprad is almost the same – cca 12km. Thanks to its location it is a good starting point for day hikes in the High Tatras or cultural trips in the region of Spiš.
The recreational house No 92 offers a middle category accommodation, without the presence of owners. The house is situated in a big garden and it offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Tatra mountains. The house is available all year round and can be rented in two ways: as individual rooms or as the entire house.
- hikes to the High Tatras / into the valleys, to lakes and to the mountain tops/
- hikes to the Low Tatras /into the valleys, to lakes and to the mountain tops/
- hikes and walks in Slovak paradise / Slovenský raj / Suchá Belá, Canyon of the river Hornád,…/
- Bike rides in the beautiful surrounding areas
- Horse riding – There is a horse-riding club in Mengusovce
- Complexes of outdoor and indoor thermal swimming pools: TATRALANDIA Liptovský Mikuláš, THERMAL PARK Bešeňová, THERMAL PARK Vrbov and AQUACITY Poprad
- Rafting on the river Dunajec on traditional wooden rafts in the National Park Pieniny
- Visiting of touristic historical sights: Spišský castle, Stará Ľubovňa castle, town of Levoča and Kežmarok
Winter (Skiing centers)
- Svit-Lopušná dolina (6 km)
- Štrbské Pleso (15 km)
- Liptovská Teplička (20 km)
- Starý Smokovec-Hrebienok (17 km)
- Tatranská Lomnica (23 km)
- Čertovica (30 km)
- Chopok-Jasná (35 km)
- Ždiar (42 km)
Place of relax and recovery of fyzical and mental energy. Place, where you can heal illnesses problems and can enjoy the beauty of the nature, culture, and historical sights.
Region of High Tatras is well-known region for tourists and visitors from Central Europe who need to recover their energy and for those with asthmatic problems or bronchial illnesses. Region is visited by the tourists, alpinists, skiers and ill people from former Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Germany, Yugoslavia, The Netherlands, Belgium, and other countires.
Region of High Tatras if located in the centre of the Europe, approximately 900 km North of Adriatic Sea, 700 km South of Baltic Sea, 400 km North-East of Vienna, and 150 km South of Krakow. The region includes the highest mountains of the Carpatian arc, which stretches from Vienna through Slovakia, Poland, Hungary and Romania. Region’s area is about 10,000 km 2 , the highest mountains of High Tatras, with the highest peak of 2,655 meters above the sea level.
Region of High Tatras spreads throughout the areas of to countries. Larger part is located in Slovakia and smaller part in Poland. At the southern part of the resort are located the most famous villages and towns of Poprad, Liptovsky Mikulas, Stary Smokovec, Strbske Pleso, or Tatranska Lomnica. The northern part of the resort hosts the town of Zakopane. Historical sights with strong cultural heritage includes the surrounding towns of Bardejov, Levoca, Kezmarok, Spisske Podhradie a Krakow. All the towns are located in a less-than-150km distance from the tourist centres.
The population of the region is around 500,000 people, of which about 60% lives in the towns with population of 5,000 to 50,000. Remaining 40% of the region’s population lives in the countryside and share strong traditions and cultural heritage. Majority of the towns were established in the 13th century and agriculturac villages. In the past, each village was recognized by its own and unique style of clothing.
People of the region make their living by working in the local industries and services for tourists. They also work in the spas. After the year 1989 the private entreprenuers began to develop in the areas of tourism and related services.
Even at the end of the 19th century doctors had discovered the treating power of the mountain climate of High Tatras for treating of the bronchial illnesses. Spas were build for treating and recovery purposes.
Mountain climate of the High Tatras has strong factors of treatment thanks to the following aspects: Dry air, Clean air, Dust and pollution free air helps in the treatment of asthma, Residence in the mountains, Staying in the mountains helps to heal the upset termoregulatory mechanism of the patients and many other positive factors…